Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hitchoo

Hitchoo is the date-matching service. This is how it works. You like a girl and you don't dare to say Hi. So you sneak a Hitchoo card into her bag or something. She will then check the card and log into Hitchoo site to see the stalker's profile.

Sounds innovative? Yes, but innovative does not always mean successful. And indeed this concept is not working. Hitchoo has already renewed its concept and now it offers event organizing service. Pretty good I think, although more marketing has to be done. The fact that the owner quit his high-flying job and spent so much to promote the initial concept makes me think that the business is actually cash-strapped.

A quick check into the event bidding system shows that there are only about 10 events in the next 30days in Singapore. No events is posted for Malaysia and other regional countries. It's Hitchoo's expansion plan I guess, but I don't think it's a good idea to show your weakness, that is low participation rate. If I were the owner, I would focus my marketing dollar on Singapore market. Showing Malaysia in the website is also bad when the section is empty. People like to participate in a website where participation rate is high.

The aftermatch of the business remains to be seen. But for me, finding a date will not be via Hitchoo.